Equality and Diversity aims to ensure that no group receive less favourable treatment by virtue of one’s race, gender, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all employees, job applicants and customers at Green Text will be treated fairly, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race, religion/belief or sexual orientation, in line with current equal opportunities legislation. We value a diverse customer base and the individuality and creativity that every employee potentially brings to the workforce.
3. Operating Principles
- Employees, job applicants and customers will be treated fairly, openly and honestly, with dignity and respect.
- No job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender, race, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
- Equality and diversity is recognised by Green Text to be good employment practice and making good business sense.
- Employment decisions on recruitment and promotion will be based solely on merit.
- Everyone has the right to work and to do business in an environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. Green Text will not tolerate such behaviour under any circumstances.
- Disciplinary action, including dismissal, may be taken against any employee found responsible for harassment or discrimination.
- Any employee who believes they are being discriminated against, victimised or harassed should raise the matter through Green Text’s complaints procedure.
This policy is fully supported by the Board of Green Text. All employees and sub-contractors will be made aware of the policy and their responsibility in following it.
5. Monitoring and Review
Green Text will monitor the effectiveness of this policy. The policy will be reviewed every two years.